We’re growing and looking for qualified candidates!
At Johnston, we look for people who are creative and enjoy solving problems, while having fun along the way. Individuals who have a positive attitude, enjoy mentoring and coaching, and would love to contribute to the Johnston culture, please apply!
If you are interested in working for an energetic firm with opportunities for advancement, submit your resume.
None at this time
None at this time
Human Resources Manager
SUMMARY The Human Resources Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience
- Experience in professional services preferred
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies
- Experience in recruiting and succession planning.
- Expertise in training and development Experience in performance management
- PHR, SPHR and/or SHRM-CP highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with ADP Work force Now system – performance module and applicant tracking
- Partners with department leaders to understand and execute the company’s human resource and recruiting strategy including future talent needs, temporary hiring needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages the talent acquisition process from sourcing candidates, interviewing, reference checks to hiring of qualified job applicants and onboarding.
- Collaborates with department leaders to understand skills and competencies required.
- Provides support and guidance to HR team, management, and other staff when sensitive issues arise; may be required to execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigations, COVID-19 protocols, and terminations.
- Serve as a consultant with other managers advising them on human resources issues, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Plan and oversee employee benefit programs.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal and external career development opportunities for employees.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommends best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices, regulatory changes, and employment law.
- Stays abreast of new HR information management systems.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the HR department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the HR department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination for the entire company in accordance with company policy.
None at this time
None at this time
Project Cost Controls / Scheduler
SUMMARY The Project Cost Controls and Scheduler is responsible for proactively developing and managing project and program status activity reporting within established systems for a program. Assumes responsibility for detailed analysis and reporting on project or program status associated with various project controls deliverables and activities such as project baseline, work package agreements, cost estimates, budgeting, cost control, Earned Value Management (EVM), projections, schedules, program integration, and project reviews. This person must coordinate and collaborate closely with the Program Director, Program Managers, Project Managers and support staff to ensure all budgeting, scheduling, and coordination processes run smoothly. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering, or Business Management.
- 5+ years’ experience in project controls, preferably including experience leading the overall scheduling or cost effort for a program.
- Strong MS Project skills and experience using Primavera P6 software.
- Proficiency with cost control and e-Builder document management software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Power BI is a plus.
- Basic financial principles, schedules, earned value, contingency, and risk analysis.
- Construction Cost Estimating experience is a plus.
- Experience in design development and construction phasing.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to switch between tasks.
- Ability to develop and maintain a program budget using MS Excel and other cost management software for all projects at all phases—current and future.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a summary-level master program schedule for proposed projects using scheduling software for all projects at all phases—current and future.
- Ability to develop and maintain a change management system to record causation for changes.
- Strong knowledge in EVM to ensure overall schedule adherence, schedule effectiveness, cost tracking, and compliance.
- Manages project controls, tools, correspondence, and reporting for multiple complex projects.
- Establish sequencing, durations, and general logic for a construction project. Validates and ensures that schedule logic, float values, and critical path are sound and realistic.
- Agility to react to changing needs as program and client needs develop.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders in the preparation of project controls systems and documentation.
- Perform cost/resource loading of schedules and reporting, as required.
- Assist in the monthly project review process, along with publishing project data reports as required.